I know it’s been quite a while since my last post. It may seem that not much has happened, but each day has been an absolute blessing. Over the last few months I have been asked/ told the following:
- Why are you not teaching if you have a degree in Education?
- When are you and your boyfriend getting married or having a child?
- When are you moving out of your parents house?
- Your always spending your money. Go travel.
I don’t get bothered by these questions anymore, but I have found my self getting annoyed, aggravated, and depressed in the past. I have accepted that I will not make everyone happy, and I am not trying to. I am where I am because I chose to be. I felt stuck, fearful, alone and trapped.
I did begin thinking how to begin to change my ways become a better human being? I started with very small steps which is what do I want to improve about myself? This is what I came up with:
- Expand my vocabulary by reading more often.
- Enjoy my life.
- Join more community activities.
- Become healthier.
- Bake more often.
- Become more confident with myself.
- Develop a relationship with God.
- Strengthen my faith and be more involved.
I decided to begin reading You Can Begin Again by: Joyce Meyers which so far has been an amazing book.
It has allowed me to evaluate my life and how I am living it (which is not to my full potential). I have come to the actualization that letting go of the past has been on of the most difficult things to do, and forgiving myself for the mistakes I have made. Living life with a negative outlook could really put a hault in your dreams & your future. This book whether your religious or not is very inspirational, and I hope to be able to apply it to my daily life.
Do not allow your past to determine your future, but allow it to encourage you to go up a path that is righteous and better for you. There is always room for growth and to start over. So pick up the pieces and push forward.